Tuesday, March 23, 2010
Extended lock closure update
The Corps is working to keep stakeholders abreast of the latest information regarding the Columbia Snake River System's extended lock closure beginning December 2010. They have been providing the latest information to river users in an effort to minimize impacts of the extended closure. In their most recent update the Corps included the following scheduling information:
• The navigation locks at The Dalles, John Day and Lower Monumental dams will close December 10, 2010, for major repair outages of 14, 14 and 13 weeks, respectively.
• The locks at McNary and Lower Granite dams are slated to close February 6, 2011, for five-week maintenance outages.
• The lock at Ice Harbor Dam is slated to close February 13, 2011, for a four-week maintenance outage.
• The locks at Bonneville and Little Goose dams will close February 27, 2011, for two-week maintenance outages.
• The lock at Lower Monumental and all locks undergoing maintenance outages are scheduled to reopen March 13, 2011.
• The locks at The Dalles and John Day are scheduled to reopen March 18, 2011.